Designer (of apparel & textiles) forges the pattern pieces or the blueprint for a meticulous apparel design. This generally entails adjusting or grading the pieces for various different sized garments. Specifying and selecting used to be time consuming stuff but due to the latest technological features, all this hectic work can be done in simpler process now. The markers regulate the best array of pattern pieces to diminish wasted fabric.
According to the long-time tradition, markers deemed the best array of pieces by others eyes; but these days, the modern technologies immediately help to establish the layout which will be the best. A colossal proportion of pattern designers are usually self-employed and do freelance works as full time or part time in inclusion to a salaried job in the field of design or any other profession. Pattern Designers transforms a clothing designer’s primal model of a garb into a motif of distinct the parts which can be laid out on a length of the cloth. After the discussion for the materials with the designer, the qualified workers basically use a computer for outlining the specific portions and draw in particulars to designate the positions of buttholes, pleats and other attributes.
Their tasks & Responsibilities:
The surface pattern designer is considered to be responsible for all the inceptions and executions been done of all types’ patterns works for the interior, product and communication department.
- They should have the ability to understand the brand and its core attributes. The interpretation should be done with various creative outputs.
- All the details should be known related to the products and the designs.
- The textures, designs, graphic patterns for interiors like wallpapers and products, carpets, textiles etc should be designed efficiently.
- The correct knowledge of production surface treatments, techniques and technologies should all be known.
- At least the Bachelors degree from the fine arts academy.
- Having refined eyes.
- Sophisticated approach towards different colours and hues.
- Experience of 2 to 3 years.
- Should be able to do multi tasks.
- Should work efficiently even under pressure.
- Manage the aroused conflicts.
- Should know how to solve difficult problems.
- Involving strong work ethics
- Teamwork is also essential.
- Experience in graphic designing, book designing. If the experience is online then it will an advantage.
- The English should be fluent.
Besides these basic requirements, the pattern makers, either by free-hand technique or using computer-aided designing softwares, use their gained knowledge of sweing skills, fabrics, and the ability to alter the garments to draft certain pattern that replicates (or resembles) a design concept and meet up the requirements of their clients.